Website Use Terms & Conditions
Welcome to Home&Build.
This page tells you the terms on which you may use our website www.homeandbuild.co.uk, whether as a registered user or guest. Please read carefully before use.
By using the site, you accept the terms and agree to obey them. If you don't accept them, please don't use the site.
Who We Are
www.homeandbuild.co.uk is operated by Ten Alps Communications Ltd, a UK Limited company registered in England under company number 3136090.
Some important details about us:
Our registered office is: Kings House, Royal Court, Brook Street, Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK11 7AE
Our trading office is: Kings House, Royal Court, Brook Street, Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK11 7AE
Our VAT number is: GB 480722939
Our trading name is: LABC Publishing
Use of the Site
You have permission for temporary use of the site, but we can withdraw or change our service at any time without telling you and without being legally responsible to you.
You must treat all identification codes, passwords and other security information as confidential. If we think you have failed to keep confidentiality, we are allowed to disable any security information (including your passwords and codes).
You agree to follow our acceptable use policy http://www.homeandbuild.co.uk/website-acceptable-use-policy.
If you allow anyone else to use our site, you must make sure that they read these terms first, and that they follow them.
Only use the site as allowed by law and these terms. If you don't, we may suspend your usage, or stop it completely.
We frequently update the site and make changes to it, but we don't have to do this, and material on the site may be out-of-date. No material on the site is intended to contain advice, and you shouldn't rely on it. We exclude all legal responsibility and costs for reliance placed on the site by anyone.
By using the site, you agree to us handling this information and confirm that data you provide is accurate.
Intellectual Property Rights
We are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in the site (for example the copyright and any rights in the designs) and in any of the material posted on it. They are protected by copyright.
You are allowed to print one copy and download extracts of any page on the site for your personal reference, but not for commercial use without a licence from us. You must not alter anything, or use any illustrations, video, audio or photographs separately from the text that goes with them.
If you breach these terms, you lose your right to use our site and must destroy or return any copies you have made.
Our Legal Responsibility to You
We do not guarantee the accuracy of material on our site. As far as legally possible, we exclude legal responsibility for the following:
- Any loss to you arising from the use of our site
- Loss of income, profit, business, data, contracts, goodwill or savings.
We also exclude, as far as legally possible, all terms and warranties or promises implied by law or by statutes.
We don't exclude legal responsibility for death or personal injury owing to our negligence, or legal responsibility for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for anything else where exclusion is not allowed by the law.
Uploading to our Site
If you contact other users of our site or upload material to it, you must follow our acceptable use policy, which sets out standards for usage. You can read this policy at http://www.homeandbuild.co.uk/website-acceptable-use-policy. You agree to reimburse us for any costs or expenses we incur as a result of any breach of this term.
Material that you upload will be regarded as non-confidential and not owned. This means that we can copy it, distribute it, and show it to other people for any purpose. You agree that if anyone else claims to own the material, or says that it breaches their rights, we can give them your identity.
We won't be legally responsible to anybody for the accuracy of material that you upload to the site, and we can remove it at any time if we think it doesn't follow our acceptable use policy.
If you do anything which is a criminal offence under a law called the Computer Misuse Act 1990, your right to use the site will end straightaway. We will report you to the relevant authorities and give them your identity.
Examples of computer misuse include introducing viruses, worms, Trojans and other technologically harmful or damaging material.
You mustn't try to get access to our site or server or any connected database or make any 'attack' on the site. We won't be legally responsible to you for any damage from viruses or other harmful material that you pick up via our site.
Links to Our Site
You are allowed to make a legal link to our website's homepage from your website if the content on your site meets the standards of our acceptable use policy. We can end this permission at any time.
You mustn't suggest any endorsement by us or association with us unless we agree in writing.
Links From Our Site
Links from our site to other sites are only for information. We don't accept responsibility for other sites or any loss you suffer from using them.
We change these terms from time to time and you must check them for changes because they are binding on you.
- The Parties will use their best efforts to negotiate in good faith and settle any dispute that may arise out of or relate to this Agreement or any breach of it.
- If any such dispute cannot be settled amicably through ordinary negotiations between the Parties, or either or both is or are unwilling to engage in this process, either Party may propose to the other in writing that structured negotiations be entered into with the assistance of a fully accredited mediator before resorting to litigation.
- If the Parties are unable to agree upon a mediator, or if the mediator agreed upon is unable or unwilling to act and an alternative mediator cannot be agreed, any party may within 14 days of the date of knowledge of either event apply to LawBite to appoint a mediator under the LawBite Mediation Procedure.
- Within 14 days of the appointment of the mediator (either by mutual agreement of the Parties or by LawBite in accordance with their mediation procedure), the Parties will meet with the mediator to agree the procedure to be adopted for the mediation, unless otherwise agreed between the parties and the mediator.
- All negotiations connected with the relevant dispute(s) will be conducted in confidence and without prejudice to the rights of the Parties in any further proceedings.
- If the Parties agree on a resolution of the dispute at mediation, the agreement shall be reduced to writing and, once signed by the duly authorised representatives of both Parties, shall be final and binding on them.
- If the Parties fail to resolve the dispute(s) within 60 days (or such longer term as may be agreed between the Parties) of the mediator being appointed, or if either Party withdraws from the mediation procedure, then either Party may exercise any right to seek a remedy through arbitration by an arbitrator to be appointed by LawBite under the Rules of the LawBite Arbitration Scheme.
- Any dispute shall not affect the Parties' ongoing obligations under the Agreement.
- The English courts have the only right to hear claims related to our site, and all disputes are governed by English law.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to contact us about any issues.
Cross-platform advertising terms & conditions
In order to enable LABC Publishing to process this order on your behalf then please ensure that you have read and understood these Terms of Business and ensure that by entering into this contract you are in a position to comply fully with the requirements as an advertiser.
- All Advertiser materials for publication within this Premium Media Package must be provided to LABC Publishing in accordance with the current technical requirements and its content must comply with the current guidelines of the Advertising Standards Authority.
- LABC Publishing reserves the right
- To position and/or to change the size of any advertisement unless such position or size is specifically agreed on this order.
- To reject, remove or suspend any advertisement or to modify the content/copy of the advertisement.
- To include an advertisement reference number on all artwork they publish or broadcast.
- The Advertiser warrants to LABC Publishing that
- It has all necessary rights in the advertisement and/or video and its contents.
- The advertisement and/or video do not contravene any law, regulation or code of practice nor infringe any rights of any third party.
- The advertisement complies with the Advertising Standards Authority's current code of practice and with all other requirements of any relevant authority.
- Whereby a video is supplied, it complies with the Advertising Standards Authority’s current codes including both non-broadcast and broadcast codes of practice. LABC Publishing assumes no liability for the content or images of the video.
- Insofar as the Advertiser requires any consent from any third party in connection with the advertisement and/or video and its contents, it has obtained all such consents.
- The Advertiser grants LABC Publishing a worldwide non-exclusive fully paid licence to use and reproduce and display the Advertiser materials including any artwork, video, trademarks, brand features and any other content contained in the advertisement.
- LABC Publishing accepts no liability for any movement in the date of publication. It is hereby agreed that any alteration of publication date will not constitute a breach of this contract.
- All original hard copy artwork provided by the Advertiser shall remain the property of the Advertiser and remain at the Advertiser's risk. LABC Publishing does not accept liability for any damage or loss whilst in its custody nor during transit.
- The Advertiser is solely responsible for supplying suitable copy (including any blocks or artwork which may be required to be reproduced) to LABC Publishing within fourteen days of this order or by a predefined date.
- In the event of LABC Publishing not receiving video content in the correct format within fourteen days of this order, LABC Publishing reserve the right to print the advertisement without the video embedded; but the advertiser will remain liable for the full cost of the media package. In this circumstance, LABC Publishing will allow a period of fourteen days after the date of publication in which they will upload video content to a website and provide a hyperlink from the e-book. After this period, any video upload will be subject to a mandatory charge of one hundred and fifty pounds excl. VAT.
- In the event of LABC Publishing not receiving suitable advertising copy, LABC Publishing reserve the right to produce artwork on behalf of the Advertiser whereby the Advertiser will incur an artwork fee of a minimum of One Hundred and Fifty Pounds Excl VAT which will be payable to LABC Publishing within seven days of completing such artwork. In producing such artwork LABC Publishing will print either
- The name, address, telephone number and basic business category details of the Advertiser (if supplied), or
- A previous advertisement printed on behalf of the Advertiser by the Publisher, and in respect of any case, LABC Publishing will not be responsible for any error or omission arising therefrom.
- Other information, artwork or other material relating to the Advertiser which LABC Publishing is able to obtain from sources generally available to the public. In such circumstances, to the extent that the Advertiser shall own (or shall be deemed to own) intellectual property rights in such information, artistic/literary works or other material, the Advertiser shall be deemed to have granted to LABC Publishing a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free licence to reproduce such works and to exploit such intellectual property rights for the purposes of that particular publication only. The Advertiser in accepting these terms also agrees to indemnify LABC Publishing against all costs, expenses, damages, fees and penalties which LABC Publishing may incur or suffer as a result of the use of such publicly-available material.
- LABC Publishing excludes all warranties as to the quality, accuracy or performance for any particular purpose of the website. Other than in respect of death or personal injury caused by its own negligence, LABC Publishing will not be liable for any damages arising as a result of the use of the website. LABC Publishing makes no warranty that the website or its contents are free from infection by viruses. Certain links on the website may lead to resources located on servers maintained by third parties over which the LABC Publishing has no control and LABC Publishing accepts no liability in respect thereof.
- LABC Publishing will provide the advertiser with a basic web entry limited to, where supplied, company name, address, standard business classification and telephone number. The advertiser will be liable for further charges where enhanced listings or extra information is requested.
- LABC Publishing shall not be liable for any loss in connection with the advertisements on the website including any technical malfunction, computer error, a defect in software, loss of data or other damage or disruption to advertisements except to the extent to which it is unlawful to exclude such liability under the law applicable to this contract.
- LABC Publishing will periodically notify the advertiser of any sum(s) paid in error to LABC Publishing within 12 months of any such payment(s) being made. After 12 months of the date of such payment(s), LABC Publishing will not provide any further notification and will not be liable for any refund; instead, any sums will belong absolutely to LABC Publishing.
- If LABC Publishing fails to publish the advertisement in accordance with the terms of this agreement the sole liability of LABC Publishing to the Advertiser shall be limited to (at LABC Publishing’s option) either a refund of the fee or placement of the advertisement at a later time in a comparable position. Furthermore, acceptance by the Publisher of this order form is conditional upon either;
- permission being given by the Authority for the advertisement (or any part thereof) to appear in the publication or
- sufficient numbers of Advertisers being obtained to complete the publication. If either condition is unfulfilled the Publisher will not accept any liability for damage or loss.
- The Advertiser shall indemnify and keep indemnified LABC Publishing against all expenses, damages and losses of any kind incurred by LABC Publishing in connection with any claim arising from the advertisement and/or video.
- Payment is strictly due in full within fourteen days of the date of invoice. Invoices are normally issued within fourteen days from the date of order.
- LABC Publishing reserves the right to charge a late payment fee in compliance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998
- Cancellation of this order is conditional on the Advertiser making a written request to LABC Publishing which must be received within fourteen days from the date of order. Cancellation requests should be addressed to Customer Services, Ten Alps Communications Ltd, Kings House, Royal Court, SK11 7AE. In any event, cancellations will be subject to a twenty percent (20%) administration fee, payable by the Advertiser within fourteen days of such request.
- This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the United Kingdom and Ireland under the relevant jurisdiction of England and Wales, Northern Ireland, Scotland or Ireland.
© Home and Build © LABC Publishing 2018 All Rights Reserved