Due to our ongoing relationships with contractors who support their Local Authorities and the LABC by appearing in their publications, we are now helping to build relationships between these local businesses and their Local Authority Building Control Office and Officers, through the LABC PAS.
How does it work?
As a registered partner, you can discuss and submit all of your applications for building regulations approval to a single council, no matter where in England or Wales the site may be.
They then liaise with yourselves, the relevant local council and, where appropriate, the local fire and rescue service during the approval period, to fully assess your proposals and resolve any queries which may arise.
At the end of this process, they compile recommendations for building regulation approval, listing conditions as appropriate for the relevant local council to issue formally.
When the work begins on site, the local council in the area manages the construction phase, providing on-site advice and inspection to suit the needs of the site team.
By becoming a partner, you are able to call on the help of the most convenient team - your partner team, or the local team near the site.
What are the advantages?
- The use of LABC Partner logo on all of your marketing materials (terms & conditions of logo use)
- One professional to contact for all your building control work in England and Wales who manage your account in a way that best suits your individual needs
- A local team always available for advice and guidance, offering pre-application advice and close support during the design and approval stages
- Greater consistency in interpretation of the building regulations - your design proposals will always be assessed by the same building control team
- Access to building control surveyors based near the project to ensure fast response times as well as local contacts and knowledge
- Strong and historical links with the fire and rescue service and with other parts of the local council
- Electronic submissions and exchanges of correspondence
- Access to LABC products through LABC Consult*, including building warranties, Standard Assessment Procedure (SAP) assessments, sound and air testing, fire engineering
- Access to LABC training events*
- Improved carbon footprints from using locally based professionals (particularly relevant where this is measurable for sustainability assessments)
* For more details on the full range of services offered, please visit the LABC website.
Don't miss out on this opportunity, click here to apply now.