Rhondda Cynon Taf Building Control

Our homeowner guides give easy-to-understand advice on extensions, conversions, renovations and other projects.

Rhondda Cynon Taf Council
Sardis House, Sardis Road,
Pontypridd, CF37 1DU

Guide to Extending Your Home

Rhondda Cynon Taf Guide to Extending 

Your Home
Click here to read the guide

If you're a homeowner and planning an extension or conversion, you may need a building regulations inspection as well as planning permission. Whereas planning permission is about how a building looks, building regulations make sure your home is structurally safe.

Getting building work approved by your local council's building control team guarantees that the work is safe and up to building regulations standards as well as protecting you against rogue builders. So seek their advice before starting any building project.

Building control contact

Building Control Manager: Mr. N Parfitt
Tel: 01443 494746
Email: buildingcontrol@rctcbc.gov.uk
Web: www.rctcbc.gov.uk/EN/Resident/PlanningandBuildingControl/BuildingControl/BuildingControl.aspx